Psychiatry is the branch of medicine focused on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders.
A psychiatrist hospital is a medical doctor (an M.D. or D.O.) who specializes in mental health, including substance use disorders. Psychiatrists in jaipur are qualified to assess both the mental and physical aspects of psychological problems.
People seek psychiatric help for many reasons. The problems can be sudden, such as a panic attack, frightening hallucinations, thoughts of suicide, or hearing "voices." Or they may be more long-term, such as feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or anxiousness that never seem to lift or problems functioning, causing everyday life to feel distorted or out of control.
What Treatments Do Psychiatrists Use?
Psychiatrists hospital use a variety of treatments – including various forms of psychotherapy, medications, psychosocial interventions and other treatments (such as electroconvulsive therapy or ECT), depending on the needs of each patient.
Psychotherapy, sometimes called talk therapy, is a treatment that involves a talking relationship between a therapist and patient. It can be used to treat a broad variety of mental disorders and emotional difficulties.
The goal of psychotherapy is to eliminate or control disabling or troubling symptoms so the patient can function better. Depending on the extent of the problem, treatment may take just a few sessions over a week or two or may take many sessions over a period of years. Psychotherapy can be done individually, as a couple, with a family, or in a group.
Most medications are used by psychiatrists in much the same way that medications are used to treat high blood pressure or diabetes. After completing thorough evaluations, psychiatrists can prescribe medications to help treat mental disorders.
Psychiatric hospital medications can help correct imbalances in brain chemistry that are thought to be involved in some mental disorders. Patients on long-term medication treatment will need to meet with their psychiatrist periodically to monitor the effectiveness of the medication and any potential side effects.
What does a psychiatrist do?
- Psychiatrists services assess all of your mental and physical symptoms.
- They make a diagnosis and work with you to develop a management plan for your treatment and recovery.
- Psychiatrists hospital provide psychological treatment, prescribe medications and do procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy.
As part of their work, a psychiatrist can:
- Provide urgent care for a sudden mental illness
- Help you to manage a long-term mental health condition
- Provide advice about lifestyle changes
- Work with you individually, or with you and your partner, family or carers
- Provide second opinions and advice to other doctors and health professionals
- Refer you to other health professionals
- Admit you to hospital if required.
What can a Psychiatrist help with?
A psychiatrist can be of particular help if your mental health condition:
- is complex or difficult to diagnose
- involves suicidal ideas or plans
- is severe or happens suddenly
- needs medication that only a psychiatrist can prescribe
- isn’t responding to standard treatment through your GP (family doctor).
Common reasons why someone might see a psychiatrist:
- problems adjusting after major life changes or stress
- anxiety, worry or fear
- depressed or low mood that doesn’t go away
- suicidal thinking
- thoughts of hurting other people
- hurting yourself on purpose
- too much energy, being unable to sleep, wind down or relax
- constant negative thoughts
- obsessional thinking
- feeling on edge or jumpy
- feeling like people are after you or want to harm you
- hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that aren’t there)
- delusions (fixed beliefs with no basis in reality)
- rushing, disjointed thoughts
- out of control alcohol or drug use
- problem gambling, gaming or other addictive behaviours
- problems around body image, eating or dieting
- memory problems
- poor concentration and attention, hyperactivity
- violence, agitation or emotional outbursts
- insomnia and other sleep problems
- conditions that start in childhood such as autism, intellectual disability and childhood anxiety
Class of Medications
- Antidepressants – used to treat depression, panic disorder, PTSD, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder and eating disorders.
- Antipsychotic medications – used to treat psychotic symptoms (delusions and hallucinations), schizophrenia, bipolar disorder.
- Sedatives and anxiolytics – used to treat anxiety and insomnia.
- Hypnotics – used to induce and maintain sleep.
- Mood stabilizers – used to treat bipolar disorder.
- Stimulants – used to treat ADHD.
- Psychiatrists often prescribe medications in combination with psychotherapy.
- Other treatments are also sometimes used. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), a medical treatment that involves applying electrical currents to the brain, is used most often to treat severe depression that has not responded to other treatments.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS), vagus nerve stimulation (VNS), and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) are a few of the newer therapies being used to treat some mental disorders. Light therapy is used to treat seasonal depression.
What Is the Difference Between a Psychiatrist and Psychologist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor (completed medical school and residency) with special training in psychiatry. A psychiatrist is able to conduct psychotherapy and prescribe medications and other medical treatments.
A psychologist usually has an advanced degree, most commonly in clinical psychology, and often has extensive training in research or clinical practice. Psychologists treat mental disorders with psychotherapy and some specialize in psychological testing and evaluation.
Why is Krishiv Hospital the best Psychiatry Hospital in Jaipur
Krishiv hospital makes sure that all the sessions are adequately scheduled with the patients, according to the symptoms they are facing.
Privacy of our clients is the top priority at Psychiatrist Jaipur and we maintain confidentiality during all interactions.
Team of Senior Psychiatrist:
Highly qualified doctor in Jaipur for psychiatric treatments. A Qualified ranker on various rating scales in psychiatry including – PANSS, HAM-D, MADRS, HAMA, CGI-S, CGI-I, AIMS, BARS, SAS.
High Advance Treatment:
We have high-class treatment to cure all kind of mental and psycho illness in a most traditional and progressive way.